Ocean Resort Casino to Ride Hard Rock Wave, Announces Exact Same June 28 Opening Date
Ocean Resort Casino is opening June 28, the day that is same Hard Rock, in what’s likely to become Atlantic City’s unofficial begin to the 2018 summer.
Ocean Resort Casino is to open its doorways in June on the extremely same day as its neighbor down the Boardwalk.
Though summer technically starts a week earlier on June 21, the opening of Ocean Resort and complex Rock in the day that is same attract a mob of visitors to New Jersey’s beachfront gambling hub.
Ocean Resort, the former Revel, and Hard Rock, the former Trump Taj Mahal, are only a short walk in one another.
Ocean Resort was acquired in January by Colorado developer Bruce Deifik’s Integrated qualities for $200 million from Glenn Straub. The property, which cost $2.4 billion to build but shut significantly less than two and a years that are half its 2014 opening, ended up being sold to Straub in bankruptcy just for $82 million.
Deifik’s team is overhauling the resort at an unknown cost to make it more attractive than its previous incarnation. The smoking ban is being lifted, two-night weekend that is minimum are no more, pedestrian traffic flow is being made simpler, and the overall ‘stuffy’ customer care is going to be transformed to ‘treat people with respect,’ Deifik recently told the Associated Press.
After rumors emerged that Ocean Resort Casino had been considering opening the same day as tough Rock, Deifik confirmed the maximum amount of in a statement issued on Monday.
What to anticipate
The entire 6.4 million-square-foot Ocean Resort Casino is ‘undergoing a property refresh,’ in accordance with Deifik.
Notable new features include the globe’s topgolf that is largest Swing Suite that offers simulated golf games, renovated 5,500-seat Ovation Hall theater, new time and nightclubs, spa, and 16 dining establishments.
Though smoking will be permitted in designated sections of the casino flooring, Ocean Resort hopes to become more family-friendly at the same time. a kid-focused eatery called ‘Cereal Town’ where kids can have ‘cereal from around the globe’ is one particular ploy to get parents in the doors.
The casino will span 138,000 square feet. Before gaming operations can begin, the state Casino Control Commission will have to review a suggestion from the Division of Gaming Enforcement and hold a hearing.
Cause for Celebration
Hard Rock Atlantic City bought the shuttered Taj from billionaire Carl Icahn in March 2017 for $50 million. The Seminole-owned company is spending more than $500 million turning the resort into a rock ‘n’ roll-themed holiday destination.
Gambling, in accordance with tricky Rock CEO Jim Allen, can come second.
‘ When we announced we had a different view point,’ Allen said last month that we were going to step in the Atlantic City gaming market. ‘It’s not about gaming. It is about entertainment.’
But Atlantic City is about gaming, and while Allen is living as much as their claim by booking 300 concerts and shows in year one, the resort’s future will probably heavily rely on revenues generated in the casino.
The seven remaining casinos have published back-to-back annual gross gaming income wins after suffering nine several years of declines that saw five resorts shutter. The reopening of two Atlantic City casinos is reason to celebrate, but with caution.
Anthony Marino, a former professor at Stockton University, penned in the Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming quarterly publication last month that the new resorts have lots of wow factor. He thinks they will attract visitors that are new Atlantic City, and never simply poach from existing properties.
‘The brand new arrivals to the Atlantic City tourism market can simply be anticipated to generate considerable publicity and large crowds bet1x,’ Marino concluded.
Derek Stevens’ Downtown Casino Plans Head to Las Vegas Preparing Commission
Derek Stevens, owner of the ‘The D’ and Golden Gate in downtown vegas, has submitted plans to the Las Vegas Planning Commission for his mysterious Fremont Street project, which will be the first hotel that is new casino to be built from the bottom up downtown since 1980. The commission is scheduled to take a series of votes in the plans on Tuesday.
Natural-born showman Derek Stevens has been unusually quiet about his plans for the corner of Fremont and Main, but Las Vegas Mayor, Carolyn Goodman, has promised they will ‘blow the lid off everything’ and complete the regeneration of downtown. (Image: Las Vegas Review-Journal)
Stevens has been uncharacteristically tight-lipped about the development, which, since far as we know, does not yet have an official name. What we do know, from requirements submitted to the commission, is that the 1,224,485-square-foot casino and hotel will be 459-feet-tall, with 777 guest spaces and 117,740 square feet of video gaming area.
The property will have a parking that is 1,526-space across Main Street that is going to be attached to the casino via a sky connection. Other features consist of a rooftop lounge, a sports book, a ballroom with conference space, a nightclub, several pubs and restaurants, a pool and spa.
Nevertheless the description may not justice do it. According to Mayor Carolyn Goodman recently, the project will transform the end that is west of Street and ‘blow the lid off everything.’
The casino will rise through the rubble of the historic Las Vegas Club, which had stood on the corner of Fremont and Main since 1949, until it was bought by Stevens and his brother, Greg Stevens, and demolished last year.
Additionally bulldozed within the true title of progress had been the Mermaids casinos and Glitter Gulch Strip Club, as well as the ‘Vegas Vicky’ neon cowgirl.
Stevens recently hinted that ‘Grandissimo’ could be considered a name for the project. Jay Sarno, whom built Caesars Palace, envisaged a mega resort in the city with that title, however the plan never stumbled on fruition, and now Stevens owns the rights to the title.
‘The name, the story, the innovation and creativity of Jay Sarno is really important into the reputation for Las Vegas,’ he told the Las vegas, nevada Review-Journal in February, before adding Gramdissimo was just one single possibility and that he remained undecided.
Downtown has enjoyed a revival in the last few years and Stevens believes his task shall attract even more visitors away from the Strip. Despite the region getting a revamp with of a bunch of non-gaming attractions, most recent downtown developments have been remodels or refurbishments.
The last brand-new casino to be built from the floor up was the Sundance in 1980, which later became the leprechaun-themed Fitzgerald’s, and then, in 2012, Stevens’ own D Las Vegas.
The Las Vegas City Council will have the final say, with a vote expected next month if Stevens’ plans receive planning commission sign-off.
Steve Wynn No Longer Has Control Over Namesake Company, Massachusetts Gaming Commission Rules
Based on the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), the relationship between Steve Wynn and his casino that is former company been successfully dissolved.
The Steve Wynn signature no longer accompanies the $2.5 billion integrated resort in Everett, Massachusetts, which is now known as Encore Boston Harbor. (Image: Chris Christo/Boston Herald)
In a ruling issued this week, state regulators concluded that the billionaire’s previous ownership and executive capability at Wynn Resorts doesn’t have any bearing in the future of the business’s $2.5 billion integrated resort being built in Everett called Encore Boston Harbor.
The five-member MGC said presented evidence generated their determination that Steve Wynn is no further an ‘individual qualifier,’ or person with a professional interest in the Massachusetts gaming permit issued to Wynn MA, LLC.
Though he continues to keep he committed no wrongdoing, Wynn resigned in February after numerous allegations of sexual misconduct made against came to light. In late March, the disgraced Las Vegas visionary sold his entire stake in the business he founded in 2002.
In a statement, the MGC said Steve Wynn ‘is no further an officer or director of Wynn Resorts, and accordingly, they can no longer exercise control or provide direction.’
However, the commission added that because of Wynn’s 12 percent stock ownership as of the beginning of March, he would nevertheless be entitled to rights that are voting the business’s annual shareholders meeting scheduled for May 16. The MGC says upon verification that Steve Wynn will perhaps not exercise their directly to vote, ‘he will likely be de-designated as a qualifier.’
Win for Wynn Resorts
The MGC conclusion is the first victory that is major new Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox. His company remains under investigation by their state video gaming regulatory board as to whether it is suitable to hold a casino license.
But the MGC removing Steve Wynn’s name from the operating license, conditioned on his presumed decision to not vote at this month’s shareholder conference, basically says the Encore Boston Harbor no longer has any relationship towards the former casino tycoon.
‘Steve Wynn is perhaps not Wynn Resorts,’ Maddox declared last month to the MGC. In this week’s adjudicatory ruling, it appears the gaming commission agrees.
The MGC’s Investigations and Enforcement Bureau continues to probe whether Wynn Resorts professionals and/or board users knew concerning the allegations that are sexual most specifically a $7.5 million settlement payment made in 2005 to a manicurist who stated she was forced into having sex with the billionaire. The check was written from a shell limited liability company called Entity Y LLC.
During the bidding process, Massachusetts gaming regulators determined Wynn Resorts and associated individual qualifiers were ‘suitable’ for licensure. The MGC specifically noted that Steve Wynn was ‘highly ethical,’ and ‘a perfectionist who is passionate about every thing he does.’
MGC Chairman Stephen Crosby stated in the wake of the bombshell allegations that ‘the people of Massachusetts have actually the right to know what the hell took place.’
Wynn Resorts will wait patiently to see where in actuality the commission’s investigation comes down. The company is implementing a policy that requires all executives and board members to notify their legal team within 48 hours of any communication with Steve Wynn, which in turn will disclose such correspondence to the MGC in the meantime.